Saturday, June 14, 2014

Smile for the Camera

Part of the Fishman Prize application process included submitting videos and photographs of yourself teaching. Let me tell you, this is not as easy as "Okay, everybody smile!"  Although it turned out to be an amazing experience that I hope every teacher gets to experience in their career.

I want to give a big shout out to Garrett Mulholland, a former student and 2014 graduate, who helped me through the process. I needed to submit action photos to TNTP and Garrett was the young man that made it happen. Through multiple days of shooting and hundreds of photos (I know it sounds silly, but it is hard to catch people without their mouths wide open or eyes blinking) and tons of uncontrollable laughter while picking out the keepers, we were able to narrow it down to a few. I cannot thank him enough. I know I will cherish these photos forever! Thanks Garrett!



No comments:

Post a Comment